The PaperLove e-course
A creative journey with paper.
PaperLove will take you on a roller coaster of paper discovery, whether you are just starting out or an experienced enthusiast.
Join Rachel for five weeks of exploration, making beautiful paper projects using easy-to-get-hold-of materials and fool-proof techniques. Paper is all around us. This course inspires you to find out all that paper can do.
Paperlove is a mix of creative projects using a range of techniques from book-binding to origami, collage to calligraphy, with plenty of opportunities for self-expression and exploration through personal reflection. Each week is themed: Paper, Collage, Word, Book and Mail. You’ll be introduced to new ideas with step-by step instructions via online videos and downloadable printouts, with the chance to share your discoveries and personal knowledge with an international community.
Read inspiring interviews with experts including Claudine Hellmuth and Monica Dengo. Delve into the curious history of pens or the postal system. Discover new artists and send beautiful letters to the like-minded friends you’ll make through the private PaperLove Facebook group.
The next course will be in Autumn 2018.
Sign up to the newsletter to receive subscriber-only offers
Comments from this year’s PaperLove participants:
‘For sure I’m more in love with paper and words than I was before and I thank Rachel for that and all the course participants who posted during the course. I loved this course SO MUCH. I’m officially a paper love addict now. – Beverly LoPinto
This course has inspired in many different ways and given me confidence to “just do it”. – Andrew Shoolbread
Excellent quality bursting with beautifully presented materials. I felt like Rachel was in the room with me sometimes and found myself nodding at her in the films online when she asked a question. – Miranda Millward
I loved the creativeness!! From Rachel and the participants alike. I loved the international flavor and all the great resources, book suggestions, art exhibits etc. I looked forward everyday to seeing what new wonderful creative thing was in store for us. – Kay Hilt
This is the first e-course I have done and I loved it…. Perfect. I really liked Rachel’s approach to teaching. Everything was provided to create each project but she encouraged innovation and exploring. – Sally Wilkinson
Click here for Student Gallery and Testimonials
WHAT FORMAT IS THE CLASS TAUGHT IN?
The class is taught using a combination of video tutorials and written instructions with step-by-step photographs. Everything is made available in a bespoke, password-protected private classroom. Each week there is a specific project and a handful of additional creative exercises in the course.
I’VE NEVER TAKEN AN ONLINE CLASS BEFORE. HOW DOES IT WORK? DO I NEED TO BE AT MY COMPUTER AT A CERTAIN TIME?
The course happens in a password-protected private classroom right here on this site. Over the course of the five weeks, while the class is live, posts will go up daily Monday-Friday each week. The main creative demonstration will be shared each Wednesday, but there are several smaller creative exercises throughout each week.
The beauty of an online course is that you can check in whenever you like and do not need to be online at a specific time as the content will be available 24/7, so it does not matter what time zone you are in. You can log on every day if you choose, or set aside some time once or twice a week to work through it. There will also be a private community space where you can connect with others and share images of your work.
The written content in the class will be downloadable and you will have access to the classroom for six months after the end of class so you have plenty of time to go back through everything at your own pace. The community space will remain open indefinitely.
CAN I ASK RACHEL QUESTIONS DURING THE COURSE?
DO I NEED ANY PRIOR ART EXPERIENCE TO PARTICIPATE?
HOW MUCH TIME WILL THE CLASS TAKE?
I WILL BE AWAY FOR SOME OF THE TIME THE CLASS IS RUNNING. DOES THIS MATTER?
Information on Materials
Throughout the course Rachel encourages you to use what you have around you. Many of the exercises can be carried out using everyday items and papers you would find around your house, but there are a few specialist pieces of equipment you will need to fully benefit from all the exercises in the course. These are listed here – you can source them yourself or buy them as part of the PaperLove kit from the online shop.
Terms & Conditions
- You give permission for PaperLove to use any images you submit for class gallery showcases to be used in any future class-related marketing or promotional strategies, online or offline. You will always be credited and will retain the rights to your work.
- You confirm that you are purchasing a single license for this course for your individual use only. To enquire about educational/corporate rates (for official groups of 10 or more) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You acknowledge that course materials are not included in the cost of the course unless you have opted to purchase the PaperLove kit. Even if you purchase the PaperLove kit there are several other items that you will need to make the most of class – all are listed here.
- You acknowledge that all sales are final and no refunds will be given before, during or after class.
- You acknowledge that payment for class is due in GBP (British pounds). If your home currency is not GBP, Paypal will take the equivalent from your Paypal account at the prevailing Paypal exchange rate. Any approximate USD prices are only given as a guide.
- You acknowledge that the items provided in the class kit may differ slightly from those listed here, depending on availability.
- You acknowledge that if you purchase the class kit this will be shipped to you in good time before the course, but we cannot accept responsibility for any items which get lost in the post. You also acknowledge that if you sign up very close to the class start date and purchase a kit, your kit might not arrive before class begins.
- You acknowledge that PaperLove reserves the right to delete any inappropriate comments in the classroom or any of the class-related community spaces, in order to provide and maintain a supportive classroom environment.
- You give permission for your email address to be added to the mailing lists of Rachel Hazell. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Photography © Uli Schade